Sunday 23 February 2014

Major Project - Uncanny Gallery - Thumbnails

Here are some thumbnails outlining some initial ideas for my uncanny gallery. As described the motivation is to create representations of living masses. So I envisage most of them moving, or convulsing in some way but this will be very subtle when it comes to animating them. I really enjoyed producing these because I just sketched whatever came to mind. The next stage is deciding which organisms will be used, from there I will develop more detailed concept art.  








3 comments:

  1. Hey Paul - great to see these - but beware the monstrous and the grotesque - I suggest you underplay the 'visitors' - less will be more if you want to unsettle us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul - please complete the survey and then leave a 'done it' comment on the ISS post: see link:

    http://ucarochester-cgartsandanimation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/fao-cgaa-year-1-2-internal-student.html

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul :) Just like you I'm going to be doing some filming on location in about a week and a half. Alan suggested that I speak to you about maybe making a DIY camera dolly together so we both have one for filming and to lower the costs of getting one, or I found this one on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Konig-KN-DL10-Tripod-Dolly/dp/B0014ZLFKE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3EJKUVK3VD1M5&coliid=I2MJA9RYT55Q2Q which I'm happy to pay half and half with you for. Let me know what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete